Friday, March 21, 2008

IDIOMS WITH ANIMALS (birds)

1. as free as a bird = free, without worries.
2. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush = más vale pájaro en mano que cien volando 3. the early bird catches the worm = al que madruga Dios lo ayuda
4. birds of a feather flock together = Dios los cría y ellos se juntan
5. to kill two birds with one stone = matar dos pájaros de un tiro
6. to eat like a bird = eat very little
7. a bird's eye view = a vuelo de pájaro
8. an early bird = a person who arrives or gets up early
9. a bird of ill omen = un pájaro de mal agüero
10. a little bird told me something = me contó un pajarito

Choose the right answer.

1. Thomas is never late at work. He always arrives at 9 o'clock, I guess he really is...
an early bird / a bird of ill omen / as free as a bird.

2. I need to go to the bank. I think I will also go to the post office on my way. I want to...
birds of a feather flock together / kill two birds with one stone / as free as a bird.

3. Sheila was offered a better salary at a new company, but she's afraid of changing.
She told me...
birds of a feather flock together / a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush / the early bird catches the worm.

4. You are really... a bird of ill omen / an early bird / as free as a bird !
Yesterday you said Paul was going to have an accident and he was hit by a car! Unbelievable!

5. Tina and Mary are all the time together chatting about other people. You know the saying... birds of a feather flock together / a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush / to kill two birds with one stone.

6. Now that I retired, I feel...
a bird of ill omen / as free as a bird / an early bird .

No comments: